Thursday, November 18, 2010

Music Mania

I avoid facebook as much as I can, but, sometimes, late at night, when no one is tweeting and it's not my turn in Words with Friends and I've already played the daily Qrank quiz... Well, then I'll load up ye olde FB app on my phone and see what people had to say...

Last week my friend Lisa had a meme that looked like fun, so here goes:

Expose your terrible musical taste!

by Lisa on Thursday, 11 November 2010 at 08:25

I'm playing along with the latest meme... here are the rules:

  • Turn on your MP3 player or music player on your computer.

  • Go to SHUFFLE songs mode.

  • Write down the first 15 songs that come up--song title and artist--NO editing/cheating, please. Just because you might skip the song when it comes up or be embarrassed for people to know you have it in your collection, you still have to list it.

  • Choose a lot of people to be tagged. It is generally considered to be in good taste to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I'm betting that your musical selection is entertaining, or at least amusing. ( I don't tag people on memes any more)
Without further ado...

  1. "Little Girls" - Oingo Boingo -- This song was a lot better when I was teenager wanting to date guys in their 20s. As the mom of a little girl now, well, I still like the song, but find the lyrics a bit perturbing...

  2. "Love You Out Loud" - Meat Loaf -- one of my faves!

  3. "Another One Bites the Dust" - Queen

  4. "Copywrite (Do It All Damn Night)" - Strata G -- Everyone panned this goofy ad-rap album written by a copywriter, but the lyrics make me laugh.

  5. "But It's Better If You Do" - Panic at the Disco

  6. "These Boots Are Made for Walkin' " - Nancy Sinatra

  7. "Found Out About You" - Gin Blossoms

  8. "Lucky Ball and Chain" - They Might be Giants

  9. "Welcome to the Jungle" - Guns 'N Roses

  10. "Walk Like an Egyptian" - The Bangles

  11. "Only the Young" - Journey

  12. "Why Isn't That Enough" - Meat Loaf

  13. "Love is Not Real / Next Time You Stab Me in the Back" - Meat Loaf

  14. "Don't Stop Believing" - Journey

  15. "I Got You" - Train
In my defense, my phone was still loaded with my pre-Meat Loaf concert selections when I did this last week...

And I <3 Meat Loaf.

The Journey? Well, I love Journey, too, even if it does make me old.

No comments: