Sunday, November 9, 2008

Did my Part for Publishing...

Of course I didn't buy anything really cool... $75 @ B&N later and I came home with:

  1. Children of the Lamp #4: The Day of the Djinn Warriors by P.B. Kerr -- I lurve the series. Yes they're YA and no, I don't care. I buy them for me and save them for when J is old enough to enjoy them.
  2. On Writing Well by William Zinsser -- Because I've scoured the house (as much as I can in its permanent state of "Federal Disaster Area") and I can't find my copy. This one, at least, I can deduct.
  3. Temple in Vintage Postcards by Michael Fan -- a Christmas gift for my mom. Or her sister. Or one of a bajillion other relatives I have who live there.
  4. The Everything Chess Basics Book by the USCF and Peter Kurzdorfer -- So I'll be able to help my little chess fan & understand her when she talks about things like "castling".
  5. Crochet Techniques by Renate Kirkpatrick -- It has a section on Tunisian and one on crochenit, so I was (pun warning) hooked!
It would be even better to support your local bookstore, but, honestly, the chains are what make publishing go 'round :-S Either way, if you bought a book this weekend, take a sec & tell me what book & why. I did.

No comments: