Monday, January 5, 2009

World's Worst Blogger

A-yup, that's me. I shall now enumerate all the endlessly entertaining things I've been doing instead...

  • Working a full day for someone else for the first time in 5 years--interesting developments on this front, we'll come back to this later.
  • I spent November writing my magnum opus--which I now need to finish! I hit 50k words on the night of November 30th & just stopped, heaving a bleary-eyed sigh of relief that I could take a break. It's been a little over a month and I need to haul it out again, finish the draft, then put it away again for a month or two so I can see if it has any merit sometime around June.
  • Christmas and all its attendant gory details (shopping, wrapping, travel, parties, etc). Still haven't looked at my Trail of Lights Pics from 08 and it is now 09--see, blogging isn't the only thing I've let fall by the wayside.
  • Painting my nails. Don't laugh! Somehow, without me noticing it, I actually managed to grow finger nails this Autumn. I've been a nail-biter since age 3, so this is uber weird for me! As a result, I have been painting them obsessively, changing them every week and picking some colors so weird even my 7yo looks at me like I'm crazy. Hey, I figure if my mid-life crisis never gets more extreme than a series of bizarre nail polish color choices, I'm doing all right. And it's cheaper than a sports car ;-)
  • Speaking of cars... I got a new one! Not new, new, but new to me. Her name is Serenity and she's a metallic charcoal grey 02 VW beetle. If you're a sci-fi fan you can probably follow the roundabout path to how she go her name.
  • Crocheting. I started numerous projects as gifts this year, most of which did not get done in time, BUT, I am still proud. I tried new things. Round things, things that were not just large straight lines, including my first hat and a Dalek. When the Dalek is done I'll post pics :-)
  • Struggling to keep my freelance biz alive. I am pretty much down to just one client these days, and that is more cuz she loves me and, even more likely, because she dreads having to dig up someone else to do what I do. I want to take on more, but I still genuinely don't feel settled into this new life.
  • Reading - I always read more in the last half of the year, probably due to the urge to curl up & hibernate, even if our winter weather thus far has consisted of mostly 60-80 degree days.
  • Life. Life happens and it is complicated and messy and tiring. Especially mine.
That's it, then in the world's largest nutshell - what I've been doing instead of blogging. Now you know.

No comments: